Saturday, May 22, 2010

Kickin' Back

Time seems to be flying quickly these past few days. It's already been a full week since I completed my teaching practice at Riccarton High School. I came close to getting dressed in formal clothing before realizing that my practice had ended and I could sleep in. It feels great to be able to sleep in until noon but then you feel a little disoriented because the day is much shorter.

I've been occupying my time with whatever I can find: playing games, reading, writing music, hanging out with friends, and walking around the city centre. I barely went into town during my teaching practice so it was a surprise to see several changes. For starters, the 21 bus route has been changed to go around Hagley Park & passed the City Bus Exchange. The next big shock was to see the Battlelink Gaming Cafe across the bus exchange gone. It either moved or went out of business. Hard to believe the latter because the place was always packed with gamers when I went there. The street malls look more pristine with newly installed tram tracks & concrete walkways. Last year, the city centre was one big construction site, making it a hassle to get around.

The weather seems to be getting colder by the day. The sun was out yesterday but today is another grey overcast. The leaves on many trees have changed colours & have been falling to the ground for some time. I have plenty of winter clothing & hot chocolate to keep me warm. Hopefully, the weather will be better in the coming days, despite the fact that Middle Earth is heading into the winter season.

Well . . . that's pretty much what happened this past week; just kickin' back & relaxing. Oh yeah, I've also been planning for the future by looking around for a teaching job here in New Zealand. There's a surplus of teachers back home I have better chances of landing a job here in the 2011 year. So far, nothing yet, but I'm still looking.

No comments: